Friday, June 6, 2008

OUCH


Oakleigh had her 4 month well baby check yesterday, which meant it was time for more shots. I have to take Bryan with me to these appointments because I can not stand there and hold her down and watch her cry. It breaks my heart.
She is slowly growing. She weighed 12 lbs. and was 24 1/2 inches long.
When she got her 2 month shots she didn't have much of a problem. She was a little sore afterwards, but not for long. But this time, we have not been so lucky. The poor girl has been running a fever, and her legs are so tender. Any suggestions on what I can do to help her be more comfortable?

6 comments:

palmerfamily said...

Oh poor Oakleigh! Those are so hard! I sympathize with you- I say lots of tylenol and motrin!

Kristin and Jay said...

she is growing so fast! I hate the shots. I feel so mean holding her down =(. Luckily Ashlynn's never had a problem yet (cross my fingers). And now totally off the subject...are you going to the reunion?

aabrownfamily said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. I feel like I haven't seen her forever. We really need to get together again and do a game night or something. It's been awhile. Shots are the worst!I think it's worse the older they get. Leah's kindergarten shots were awful.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Besides pain meds, try a warm bath (it seems to help my kids) and lots of snuggles!

Love the John Deere background too!

The Moss Family said...

My suggestions are the same as above. My kids did really well with their shots. I love the picture of her and her little tounge. Too cute!!

Nalder family said...

ohh i hate shots too kendra had her kindergarten shots the other day and i was the one crying. i think the nurse thought what a freak! oh well i hate to see my kids have to do that.