Thursday, July 7, 2011

LOVE MY GRANDMA.....

I am obviously NOT the best blogger in the world. But we really have been busy. I have so much to catch up on. But that will have to wait. One of the things that has been keeping me pre occupied is my grandma. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this woman. She is AMAZING!!! She is almost 92. My grandpa passed away in 1989. Grandma comes every year for Thanksgiving, for Christmas, every Sunday for dinner. She has been to every wedding, baby blessing, baptism. so many birthdays and much more.
In the last few years she has had a double hip replacement, but other than that she has been so healthy. She is so independent, and was even still driving. A few weeks ago she fell and injured her hip. She was in so much pain and unable to move or walk on her own the only choice we had was to put her in a care center where she had 24 hour care. That was the hardest thing we had to do. I go visit her every chance i get, usually every other day. Emotionally it is very hard for me. She is just not the same person. I just want her to know how much I LOVE her and how important she is. She is such a great example to me and I am so greatful to her for all that she does for us. LOVE YOU GRANDMA!! :)

2 comments:

Kasha said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, I had no idea. She is such a sweet woman. I hope she recovers soon. My prayers are with her.

Bryan McD said...

I, too, absolutely LOVE the G-Ma!!! (Grandma the Great as she is also affectionately known.) Sign me up on her health of mind and body program. AMAZING!!!