Friday, November 14, 2008

COMING ALONG....











O.k. So I haven't posted for a while with the updates on our house, but with good reason. Things are finally moving along, but not before this happened.....



The first couple of pics are of what I woke up to one morning after pooring rain the night before. My nice builders decided to take the roofing off down to the sheeting because they were going to be swinging the new trusses the next day. Well.....they didn't tarp it and it decided to not just rain but poor. So it got down inside the existing walls and ceiling and bubbled the sheet rock. They have now just created more work for themselves.
Because of that....























We now have all of this done.












Oh ya, after they saw what they had done, they wasted no time!!
The roof is all on tar papered, doors are in, windows are almost all in. The electrical is as far as they can go til the sheet rock and painting is done.






























































































We are ready for siding yeah!!!!
Hopefully by the end of next week I will have more to post. Wish us luck!!!

9 comments:

aabrownfamily said...

It's looking so good. I can't wait to see it. I'm so jealous of your bay window and french doors. It's going to be so cute. I'll bet you're so excited.
P.S. Any word on the Christmas party? Did you talk to Megan? Just wondering.

The Moss Family said...

Looking good!!! Wow, it makes your house look so much bigger!! When we reroofed about 3 years ago, the guys took the old roof off in one day, and were going to roof it the next day. Well, that night it poored!!! We had major leaking going on, and you should have seen the bowls, buckets, pans we had out so it wouldn't ruin our carpet!! Cris was so mad!! They even did the roof in the middle of monsoon season here, and they didn't even think about covering it. Sometimes, I think they just don't think about the owners but just about themselves and how they can get done quicker.
I can't wait to see your finished product!!

Nalder family said...

How Awesome Megan!!! That will be so nice to have that extra room!! Sucks about the rain though.

The life of Jayne said...

WOW, things are really moving along!! Keep us posted!

palmerfamily said...

It looks like a completely different house! So exciting!

Jana said...

That stinks! My brother does construction and I always tell people to never plan on them finishing when they say they will because there are tons of things that can go wrong. I'm sorry that happened, that's not fun. I bet you can't wait to finish. It looks like it will be awesome. Your baby is growing so much, what a doll!!!

iamlisac said...

Hey Megan I told you I would let you know what Brooks blog spot was. It is thecederstroms.blogspot.com Your house looks good talk to you later Lisa

heidi said...

I have to agree with everyone else; it looks great! Oh, and not getting any sleep does make you crazy! :) At least that is what I use for my excuse. I am looking forward to the day that I can at least get 4 hours of straight sleep.

the stone fam:) said...

wow you are amazing i couldnt do it!! it is looking very very good! i am so glad that you leave messages on my blog it makes me so happy i love reading yours!! and i am excited to see what your house looks like when its done so keep the posts coming!!!!