Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

We had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend. We spent Thanksgiving day in Blackfoot with Bryan's family. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pics from that day. But we had LOTS of yummy food. Bryan had to work the day after Thanksgiving so we came home Thursday night and spent a couple of hours with my family. My mom makes the best homemade stuffing and even though I was so full Istill had to have some. It just isn't Thanksgiving with out her stuffing!!!



We didn't have any of the kids with us for Thanksgiving this year and since Bryan had to work Friday, Oakleigh and I ventured out Friday morning and went shopping. I am one of those crazy people that LOVE LOVE LOVE to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I don't get up and 4:00 and hit all of the door busters, I usually head out about 8:00 and hit some of the early morning sales and then just spend the rest of the day going back to the stores for other things that I needed that were not on their early morning sales. Oakleigh did great! She loves to sit in her stroller and watch everyone and everything.

Santa was at the mall and I thought I would let her sit on his lap. I wished I had taken a picture. She didn't love it so much!! Maybe next time :)


Bryan's parents returned home from their mission a couple of weeks ago and they reported on Sunday. So we headed back down Saturday night for that. It is great to have them home. They were only gone for 7 months but it seemed like forever.









2 comments:

heidi said...

I know how you feel about the home made stuffing. It just isn't Thanksgiving without it. We didn't eat with my parents last year, but I made my mom make some stuffing anyways. Glad you guys had a good time.

Caralee said...

You are so awesomely brave to shop with a baby in tow...you are a wonder woman! What a sweet girl to enjoy being out with mom on a shopping spree.