Monday, April 26, 2010

CRAZY WEEKEND.....Day 1

It all started Friday night when Madi and Wyatt were in the school play, Peter Pan. Well, Wyatt was actually in the choir, and Madi was in the play. They have been practicing for the last 2 1/2 months. Madi was one of the mermaids.

Because the play was put on by the PTO they asked the students to come up with their own costumes. For those of you who know me, I do not sew, well, not more than a straight line anyway. So.....I have a GREAT friend who is a GREAT sewer and was a HUGE part in the making of this costume. Thanks a TON J'Lene, you are the BEST!!
We got the material at JoAnn fabrics and then J'Lene just measured and sewed, NO pattern!! Didn't she do awesome??!! We got a STILL on the fabric!! I couldn't have bought a costume for as cheap as we made this one!!
The choir was not required to dress up, but could if they wanted. They just had to pick someone from the movie to be. Wyatt wanted to be a pirate. His costume $0. Everything is from home!! He did have an eye patch, but this picture was taken after the play and he was tired of wearing it!!
My kids did AWESOME!! I am so proud of them for all the hard work that they put into this play.

1 comment:

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

They both look good. I am so relieved that it all turned out GREAT!! As much as you I am so glad it is over!!!