Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HAPPY EASTER :)

I'm a little late at posting this, but that's o.k. We had a GREAT Easter!! It was very busy. Madi had a dance competition on Saturday so we didn't get to do any Easter Egg hunts that day. But that was fine with me because it was too dang cold and we had snow!! Sunday we spent the day at my mom's watching conference, having dinner and doing and Easter Egg hunt for the kids. The bigger kids didn't care about the weather so they did theirs outside.

The little ones on the other hand, they don't seem to like the cold too much. So the guys hid a bunch of eggs upstairs and the little kids did their hunt inside. We had a few eggs that had money in them and some bubbles. So it was fair and each kid got one of each, we hid those in a seperate room and let the kids find one of each of those.
Oakleigh is so proud of her find!! I had to help her though. Every time she would find an egg she just wanted to open it up and eat what was in side. She is not a big chocolate fan, so when she would get a piece of chocolate she would take a bite, hand it to me, and say "Don't like it!!" What?? Are you serious?? Who doesn't like chocolate??!! :)

Later that after noon the kids frosted cookies!! We had a lot of fun and a TON of YUMMY food!! I am so greatful for Easter and the meaning behind this Holiday. I am greatful for my Savior and the sacrifices that he made for me. Hope everyone had a fabulous day!!

2 comments:

Bryan (Daddy) McDaniel said...

It was a fun weekend. And it's always fun to see the reaction Oakleigh has to these little holiday festivities. She is just too dang fun!! And thank you, Babe, for making it a great time for us all!!!! Love Ya!!!!!!!

Cody and Jill said...

i don't mind not at all, yeah the farm house my mom's grandpa or great grandpa built it. it was so much fun i love the blue door can't wait to see your family pictures.